Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My future?

’s the beginning of 2029. I’m 39, and my car won’t start. My old little Volkswagen that I have had for quite some time now. Because I refuse to buy any other car. I’m a respected freelance illustrator. I have lived all over the place but decided at age 30 to settle down and live with my husband. I have two kids and we live in a cottage my husband built, completely sustaining ourselves on our own terms. For entertainment I read, crochet and paint, probably listen to music and watch a movie once in a while.

Now It’s 2050, I’m living in the south of franc with my husband that is hopefully still alive and hasn’t left me yet. I’m a very traditional old lady, complaining about all the new technology, I’m still doing all my paintings in oils and because of that I’m kind of crazy.
My life partner will yell at me to make him a sandwich, and I’ll yell back at him to make his own sandwich. By now I have had to buy another car because my Volkswagen has probably exploded. But I still would have bought another Volkswagen. My past time would be gardening and hopefully I will have enough money by now that I don’t have to be a full time illustrator. I’d still be working but not as hard as when I was 30.

By 2100 I’ll probably be dead, my kids will be very old, and my grandchildren (if any) will be doomed. Unless people start changing their habits now which is probably never going to happen the world will be over populated, everything is industrial, there are so many toxins in the air people have to wear gasmasks. There is trash everywhere, landfills are overfilled, because of all the landfills all the earth is polluted so that it is really difficult to grow anything anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment